The bargain cake that’s equal parts cheap and delicious.
Exams are coming up, and I’ve been in the need for some sugary snacks to help me through the late nights in the library. This decadent chocolate tray bake is the perfect antidote to the book boredom – and dead easy to make!
- 300 grams of mixed chocolate (I used 200g dark and 100g milk)
- 100 grams digestive biscuits
- 100 grams of rich tea biscuits
- 125 grams of butter
- 4 table spoons of golden syrup
- 100 grams malteasers
- Icing sugar to dust
- Place the digestive and rich tea biscuits in a plastic sandwich bag, and break with a rolling pin.
- Melt the chocolate
- Add the butter and syrup to the melted chocolate, and stir (until the butter melts and the syrup is entirely mixed in)
- Pour half the chocolate mix into a separate bowl and set aside
- Add the broken biscuits and malteasers to the chocolate mix and stir
- Pour the mix into a lined baking tray
- Pour set aside melted chocolate mix over the top of the baking tray of mixture
- Chill in fridge for 2 hours
- Remove from fridge, and dust with icing sugar
- Cut into small pieces, and enjoy!